Monday, April 6, 2015

4/4/15 Saturday 10am-4pm, & 4/6/15 Monday 9am-11am

Today is about survival.

Saturday shift was wonderful.  I never checked in with the blog during that incredibly long shift (coverage @ main desk for Lais), but it was a great shift.  Slow, fluid, modestly productive.

My most memorable patron interaction was with a deaf women who wanted to a community borrower.  She was looking to take out a reserve DVD about audism.  I haven't had community borrower training yet (that will happen this week and next week on Thursdays w/ Kim and Chris), so I signed the DVD out to the woman on my student card.  She brought it back a few hours later.  I was very happy to see here and she seemed very grateful to me.

Micaela, a girl whom I was friends with in middle school, just walked past me and exited the library.  Steve enters.  He is carrying two bags at his side, like I was this morning.  I have to return all my rowing gear this week.

An outline for today's work session downtime and today's to-do list in general:

@ work goals
  1. This Blog Entry
  2. WGSS Film Response Essay (then print)
  3. Readings for UNIV2600 (Salem) and response
  4. Spanish HW?
  5. Fix Fall 2015 semester schedule
Then...
  • Go to Spanish class
  • Go to Gender and Globalization class 
  • Wilbur Cross: get proof of registration for classes (in the fall)
  • Finish assignments:
    • Salem (reading response, etc)
    • Financial Management
      • Problem set 6
      • Condition Analysis group project work
        • Make presentation slides
        • Delegate
        • Upload all relevant CAFRs
    • DMD
      • Group project
      • Ad showcase (email, if no response via Facebook yet)
    • UNIV3820
      • Journal
      • Group project
    •  LINGUISTICS
      • STUDY!!!!!
    • WGSS
      • Group project
    • Spanish
      • Homework?
      • Start researching Salamanca
        • Summer travel planning
        • Email Mario
        • Pay for trip
  • Mario PT @ 1:30pm
  • Go to post office
  • Call tricare
  • Go to UNIV2600 class @ 4:40-5:30pm
  • DMD group meeting (Bishop)
I wonder if Joel comes back today.  I hope so!  I want to talk to him about summer hours.
Okay.  Crunchtime.  As David would say: Gogogo.     Glhf.
I get to see him this weekend!

The Monday morning shift is slow today.  Only two patrons so far and one of them really belonged to Nanette.  She was looking for young adult books in Spanish.

Long term goals.  I swear, I'll pay them some attention soon.  Today, however, is about survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment