Wednesday, April 8, 2015

4/8/14 Wednesday, 9-11AM, Covering for Jaylen

Jaylen is getting her wisdom teeth pulled out of her head.  I'm covering for her today, Wednesday, from 9-11AM and Friday 9-11AM.  The traffic is pretty steady; a lot of lap tops have gone out, as well as study room keys.  Before this shift, I went to physical therapy in Gampel.  I brought the icing (GameReady) portion of my physical therapy to work with me.  The ice bag rests beneath the information desk right now, melting.  I've concluded my icing session.

Steve briefs me on decision-making and organizational hierarchy, in the context of the library, an overpriced reserve DVD, and the Cuban mission crisis.  We talk about staff negotiations (regarding demands to take complimentary classes @ the university) and then about the perks / distinctions between different types of library jobs.

Last night, the UConn women team won the National Championship title for the third time in a row, tenth time overall.  I stayed on campus late for my 5-730pm Financial Management class and then dinner @ Chuck&Augie's with Neon.

This morning has been nice.  I lost misplaced my keys and almost biked to campus.  The weather is cloudy and shows signs of possible precipitation.  David messages me sweet things on google chat and I am feeling like the luckiest girl in the world.  I am so looking forward to spending the weekend with him.

Spanish class soon.  Kayaking in Brundage pool tonight.

I am not behind on school work and it feels nice.  Now is the time to get ahead.
The Downtown Storrs project is not going terribly smoothly.
I need to get my EcoJournal completed.

I'll be back @ the library today for my 1:15-3:30pm shift.

Helping patrons has been fun.  I love my job.

Best,
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment